Book Title: Civil Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam, 14th Ed
Publisher: Professional Publications, Inc.
Author: Michael R. Lindeburg PE
Comprehensive Civil Engineering Coverage You Can Trust
The Civil Engineering Reference Manual is the most comprehensive textbook for the NCEES Civil PE exam. This book’s time-tested organization and clear explanations start with the basics to help you quickly get up to speed with common civil engineering concepts. Together, the 90 chapters provide an in-depth review of all of the topics, codes, and standards listed in the NCEES Civil PE exam specifications. The extensive index contains thousands of entries, with multiple entries included for each topic, so you’ll find what you’re looking for no matter how you search.
Due to the changes in codes for the 2015 NCEES PE exam, there are some updates to this edition. Though not all of PPI's products reflect the adopted editions of the new design standards, in most cases the principles change very little. While specific procedures, equations, or values may change gradually from one edition of a design or reference standard to the next, PPI’s books continue to provide an appropriate overview of the design concepts presented, and will prepare you for the upcoming exams.
This book features:
- over 100 appendices containing essential support material
- over 500 clarifying examples
- over 550 common civil engineering terms defined in an easy-to-use glossary
- thousands of equations, figures, and tables
- industry-standard terminology and nomenclature
- equal support of U.S. customary and SI units
After you pass your exam, the Civil Engineering Reference Manual will continue to serve as an invaluable reference throughout your civil engineering career.
- Construction: Earthwork Construction and Layout; Estimating Quantities and Costs; Construction Operations and Methods; Scheduling; Material Quality Control and Production; Temporary Structures; Worker Health, Safety, and Environment
- Geotechnical: Subsurface Exploration and Sampling; Engineering Properties of Soils and Materials; Soil Mechanics Analysis; Earth Structures; Shallow Foundations; Earth Retaining Structures; Deep Foundations
- Structural: Loadings; Analysis; Mechanics of Materials; Materials; Member Design; Design Criteria
- Transportation: Traffic Analysis; Geometric Design; Transportation Planning; Traffic Safety
- Water Resources and Environmental: Closed Conduit Hydraulics; Open Channel Hydraulics; Hydrology; Groundwater and Well Fields; Wastewater Treatment; Water Quality; Water Treatment; Engineering Economics